|School||Binan High School|
|Relatives||Haruhiko Beppu (younger twin brother)|
|Physical and Vital Statistics|
|Eye Color||Fuchsia pink|
|Hair Color||Ice blue|
|Likes|| Playing Hungarian Pastoral Fantasy on the flute|
|Transformation (Romaji)||Sora ni kagayaku futatsu boshi Merutirūna|
|Transformation (English)||The twin stars shining in the heavens, Melty Luna|
|Anime||Episode 13 - Love, Once More!|
Akihiko Beppu (別府月彦, Beppu Akihiko) is a 2nd year at Binan High School and an exchange student. He is an idol with good manners (in contrast to his twin Haruhiko Beppu whose expression is poor), but he has a harsh manner of speaking. He debuts in season 2 of the anime along with his brother. He, alongside his brother, has a deep admiration, which contends to be somewhat romantic, towards Gōra Hakone.
Akihiko appears to have a shade of light blue hair and pink colored eyes. His brother is an inch or two taller than him. He wears a white colored sleeved long formal shirt with ruffles at the end of each sleeves and a grey blazer coat over.. He also wears a light golden scarf tied in a bow, with a moon symbol silver-red jewel ring covering the knot of the bow tie. His bangs appear to be swept onto the left hand side.
When he transforms he is called Melty Luna. His uniform is slightly different as his pants are longer showing off no skin and he has ruffles in his armband unlike his brother's. Also his hat, sash, boots have the moon symbol on it additionally he wears a lunar thigh band. Prior to their transform when the Twins start singing, Akihiko is close to Haruhiko's lap, also accentuating their difference in height. It should be noted that they have similar eye colour coordination with Gora and Yumoto Hakone. Gora has purple pink eyes and Yumoto has crimson eyes. In this way, Akihiko being the older brother has pink eyes whereas Haruhiko being the younger has crimson eyes.
Of the twins Akihiko has better manners, is hinted to be more calm though can become emotional when Gora is involved. Akihiko is also elegant. This is shown because his uniform is bit more fashionable than his brother's and also his transformation uniform carries the ruffles of his uniform in his armband and has a thigh band too. His interest in calligraphy and playing the flute are also showing his refined nature. Akihiko also beat the smartest person in Binan High School finishing beforehand "10x10" equation table first. Though he considers "beauty is wit" and seems mentally and intellectually more polished than his brother he is also good at cooking and fencing - physical activities.
Throughout the series Akihiko, alongside his brother Haruhiko, show contempt to the Battle Lovers. This contempt also filters through their fans whom they call apes as though they are unrefined and have no value. Akihiko prefers to do calligraphy and has an air of elegance and nonchalance about him. Though, this can be a facade, as when angered he can be as vicious and aggressive as his younger brother. The fact he can actually say mean things with a straight face or a kind one shows he can detach his emotions and give a performance as a charmer (hence Melty Luna). This is additionally there when Haru says something outright, such as teasing someone in misery, but Aki says similar things with less emotion or tells Haru not to be forthright in his disdain.
Akihiko has deep admiration towards Gora, which is also a crush. Akihiko and Haruhiko were saved by Garo during CIDE 1 when Garo himself was a Battle Lover protecting Earth called Maximum Gorar. When they were young their father (though it is not specified how) was transferred. This job transfer took place in the Andromeda Galaxy. Among other sentient aliens their reputation went down because they liked Garo. Garo was marketed as an antagonist (in discriminatory practices where Earthlings were deemed ignorant and stupid) but knowing him to be a hero they stood up for him. This led them to be bullied relentlessly and ostracised which led the brothers' to be depressed. Then the TV show got cancelled and Akihiko admitted when he and his brother got into a fight that they were pretty lonely now that they felt they also lost Gora. To add insult to injury, their father said they would not going to Earth anytime soon.
Akihiko and Haruhiko are approached by Dadacha who said by making them Galaxy Idols they would be noticed by Gora. Though Aki and his brother have disdain for the idol business. In the final showdown, they tell a surprised Yumoto that being an idol means to be polite to uncouth people and it has nothing to do with love but only popularity. After they were saved by Gora when they were little, he said to them to make mischief if they must, but to grow up big and strong. Their response to Yumoto elucidates that they had warped Gora's advice to them as their actions are questionable even if they are pretty talented.
Both are also deeply offended that when they reveal themselves to Yumoto and his friends they seem to not care about them being responsible for sending the monsters after them. They are also pretty determined on having an idol competition with the Battle Lovers. This is to prove that Gora should belong to them and not Yumoto and his friends.
Akihiko is usually is in sync with his younger brother Haruhiko so at times it is hard to say differences between them, which may be purposefully done by them as they mentioned to the Italian twins that they are perfect twins incapable of fighting, though this proved to be a bit false as they do have arguments concerning Gora. However, the twins have differences between them. Akihiko is more elegant than his brother and has more mental perseverance. Though he is quick to get unhappy about Gora showing attention to Yumoto making Haruhiko come to his aid and ask what should they do about him. Akihiko also shows more overt desire on certain things concerning Gora like wishing to taste food made by him (when they were kids Gora gave them a rice bomb made by him and they found his cooking delicious).
When New Year's come, Akihiko resolutions for the Twins were all elegantly written in calligraphy, one which said that they must make eye contact with Gora at least five times. Akihiko also has some sadomasochistic tendencies like his brother wanting a "reluctant Gora-san" to slap him, as it would be thrilling, when they had him encaged in a glass coffin like box. Saying that his brother's wish to tie him up is strange as in he got strange tastes. This line shows that there are some things the brothers don't actually discuss between themselves keeping some private thoughts between them.
Akihiko may actually be a bit more serious about his idol work as when they captured Gora he stated that he wanted to make a new unit with him called "Go Lucky." Haruhiko said he wanted to do a unit too and Akihiko shot down the idea as it was not original. When his brother said then Gora would stay with him in his room he objected on the grounds that he tosses and turns in his sleep. It is then indicated that Aki talks in his sleep.
Their actions towards Gora is somewhat stalkerish. Though in the end when Gora recognises them and acknowledges them Akihiko and Haruhiko start acting pretty normal and also like the Battle Lovers. Similarly, they start respecting their fans more. Instead of having some strange obsessed people to follow them around the Beppu Apes become just a nickname to people who like their music as performers.
It is hinted he is bossy of the two as being the older.
The transformation in which Akihiko uses is always paired with his younger brother Haruhiko along with using a microphone. Prior to their transform when the Twins start singing, Akihiko is close to Haruhiko's lap, also accentuating their difference in height.
Melty Luna with his brother Salty Sol can summon a Loveless monster together. They do this by launching Dadacha at their victim, after which he latches himself to the victim's face and transforms the said victim into a loveless monster. He also seems to have powers somewhat over Ice and the Moon.
WeaponsMelty Luna uses a tall moon symbol staff/mace brush that can also be used as his calligraphy brush when in concealed form. He uses this for both physical and to channel his power related attacks in tandrum with his brother Salty Sol’s. 
- ☆Star☆The☆VEPPer☆ VEPPer's transformation theme. 
- You’re a distant star of the first magnitude (あなたは遥か一等星, Anata wa Haruka Ittousei)
- Pure Revolution D.F.G (純情革命D.F.G, Junjou Kakumei D.F.G) Insert song from Season 2 episode 12 
- We Are The Galaxy Idol duet song with Dadacha. Insert song from Season 2 episode 12 
- The Gentle Stars Upon the Breeze (星にやさしく…Breeze, HOSHI NI YASASHIKU...BREEZE) 
- On a Stage that’s a Sea of Falling Stars (星降る海のSTAGEで歌, Hoshi Kudaru Umi no Stage de) 
- His last name, Beppu, is an onsen resort close to Yufuin, from which En Yufuin derives his name.
- Luna is derived from the latin word which means moon, and is also one of the names of Artemis, the moon goddess.
- Instead of the traditional kanji for "Akihiko" and "Haruhiko" (normally involving the kanji for the seasons "autumn/fall" and "spring" respectively), their names involve the kanji for "moon" and "sun" respectively, which better showcases their opposite personalities, dress and way their powers work despite working, fighting and transforming together as a pair.
- Akihiko being the older brother has pink eyes whereas his younger brother Haruhiko has crimson eyes.
- Despite being identical twins there are some subtle differences that tells them apart from each other. such as some details in their uniforms (Akihiko wears a bow and frilly sleeves, while Haruhiko wears an ascot and cuffs) and faces (Akihiko has thin eyebrows, pink eyes, and his hair is parted to the left, while Haruhiko has thick eyebrows, red eyes, and his hair is parted to the right), but their overall designs are extremely similar. 
- Later episodes of Season 2 to clear it up: show Akihiko and Haruhiko are human, but spent most of their lives in Andromeda.
- It was stated and shown in Season 2 that Akihiko and Haruhiko won math, cooking, sewing and the physical strength competition on their first day of school and without breaking a sweat.
- Akihiko and Haruhiko’s VEPPer uniforms expose part of their stomachs.
- Compared to the Caerula Adamas and Battle Lovers who use Rings or Bracelets to transform, it’s not shown nor explained officially what’s used to activate the VEPPers transformation. It’s easily can be either their microphones or scarf ties that could be their transformation devices.
- ↑ http://d4ftka.tumblr.com/post/151027669254/防衛部llvepperの武器のモチーフは盆栽の鋏と書道の筆ですまあ見ればわかりますね笑
- ↑ http://magicalgirlsandcerulean.tumblr.com/post/149357975063/moon-the-jealousy-akihiko-beppu-melty-luna
- ↑ https://twitter.com/takama2_shinji/status/760960886974525441
- ↑ http://magicalgirlsandcerulean.tumblr.com/post/150619230058/junjou-kakumei-dfg-vepper-translation lyrics
- ↑ http://koizumicchi.tumblr.com/post/150535739231/we-are-galaxy-idol-vepper-dadacha-translation
- ↑ https://nighty-amy.tumblr.com/post/150586594868/hoshi-ni-yasashikubreeze-vepper-translation
- ↑ http://magicalgirlsandcerulean.tumblr.com/post/149315955828/hoshi-kudaru-umi-no-stage-de-eng-tl
- ↑ http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/CuteHighEarthDefenseClubLove